iJab - GPL violation?

Pedro Ferreira ilzogoiby at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 20:58:19 CEST 2010

>  I'm looking at the svn repository right now.
> http://code.google.com/p/ijab/source/browse/#svn/trunk/src/com/anzsoft/client

It's outdated (2008).

>  It's their code.  So no, it's perfectly acceptable for someone to
> license you the code under the GPL for money.  GPL doesn't necessarily
> mean 'free for all'.  It means giving end users the freedom to modify.
>  The end users isn't always 'anyone'.  Disclaimer, IANAL.

Yes, I am aware of that, my only question was if it was right to
charge more for the source code than for the binary.
They're basically licensing the binaries under GPL, and then asking
for money when it comes to source code.

So, from the feedback I got from this list, it looks as if legally
they're not infringing anything, since they are the owners of the
code.
However, is this Free Software?

Cheers,

Pedro