TomTom GPL violation

Stéphan stephan.rafin at laposte.net
Thu Jan 31 23:15:59 CET 2008

Hi all,

I have bought a TOMTOM GO 520 device for christmas  and wanted to recompile
the kernel to activate some additional features (gadget USB and so on...)
But,  i realized that the source code they provide on
http://www.tomtom.com/gpl  is not up to date. In fact, it looks like this
page has not been updated for a long time while many software updates have
been released.
For instance, the latest available Linux kernel is build 1725 whereas  build
2318 is installed on my device.
I have several exchanges with the French support asking for up-to-date GPL
source code.
I was very polite and factual but after delaying the answer several times they
end up answering : The new releases of kernel will not be available as source
code because our SDK is no longer available for free with  version 7 !
Of course, i don't care about their commercial SDK. I only wish GPL license to
be enforced.
So any help would be welcome ...

Many thanks in advance

Stephan