Possible GPL Violation with BT Home Hub (Thomson SpeedTouch 7G)

Alasdair Nicol alasdair at nicol.org
Fri Jan 5 14:58:32 CET 2007

Hi,
I've been looking at this broadband router and it
seems to be a Linux device. The vendor says that it
has no GPL code and that there is nothing they are
willing to release for the device.

>From what I can tell, the device runs Linux, uses
software such as BusyBox and Samba, and possibly more
(I haven't worked out how to uncompress the firmware
to search for strings).

The bootlog from the device is at:
http://mikenelis.net/bthomehub/bootlog.txt

Does anyone know how I should proceed from here in
deciding 100% whether any of this falls under GPL?

Regards,
Alasdair